Following in the footsteps of his father and other family members, Carroll F. Haines, Jr., M.D., M.S., F.A.A.O. received his medical degree from Hahnemann Medical College and Hospital, now Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA. After a medical internship year at the Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Upland, Chester, PA, he completed a three-year ophthalmology residency at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH. Prior to receiving a medical degree, Dr. Haines completed a Master of Science Degree in Pharmacology at the Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA.
- Moses Cone Health System, Annie Penn Hospital, Inc., Reidsville, NC
- Morehead Memorial Hospital, Eden, NC
- The Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC, clinical instructor, Department of Ophthalmology, 1987-1995
Community Memberships and Awards
- Lions Club International
- Eden Daytime Lions Club--President, Zone Chairman, Lion of the Year, Board of Directors
- Wachovia Bank--Rockingham County Advisory Board
- Leaksville United Methodist Church
Doctor Haines and his wife, Jane, have two adult children, both following in the medical profession, and two rescued dogs. In his leisure time, Dr. Haines enjoys restoring a '53 Mack truck and managing his tree farm.